Imagine a life more bleak...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Death by Moose

Had this crazy dream/nightmare today. My sister and I told all the kids to hop into the trunk because there wasn't any space in the car. I folded down the backseat so they would have fresh air, and we started to drive. Suddenly the car disappears and I'm the only one left walking up this hill in a really homey suburban neighborhood. Up at the top of the hill I can see a moose lying on his back with a gunshot hole through his chin. This moose was huge, like half-a-house huge. I figured that someone must have killed it but been unable to move it.

Just as I am walking next to it, the moose flips over and starts to chase me. Strangely enough it can talk and it keeps saying that 'when I catch you, I'm gonna drag you off to where no one will ever find you,' and 'I've done this before and never been caught.' My heart is pounding out of my chest as I run back and forth dodging. I pull my phone out of my pocket and try to dial 911, however I can't dodge and dial at the same time. I kept dialing 022 and 077. I remember regretting that I had never programmed 911 into my speed dial.

With superhuman energy and afraid of my life I leap over porches and between cars, but the moose keeps on coming. The moose finally catches me by my ankle and starts to drag me down the stairs. I imagine my last moments surrounded by ancient forest trees with mounds of human bones digging into my back. I keep thinking how strange it is that no one has come out of the houses to at least see what the noise is about, when suddenly this old woman popped up out of no where. She tackles the moose from the back and I'm finally able to dial 911. Magically a ton of cop cars and animal control vehicles appear, and I am never so relieved.

I remember asking a cop if they would have been able to find me even if I couldn't have given them my location or spoken during my run with the moose. They said yes after a phone connection of 30 min of silence, it would have triggered a search. I remember feeling sick to my stomach that it would have taken so long for someone to come and rescue me. Strangely enough the cop then whipped out a map to show me that I was located in Holidayland neighborhood.

That's it. I woke up completely terrified that there was a moose in my apt and didn't leave my room for like an hour.

Hmm...wonder what it all means.

No comments: